I love every bit about being a woman and would want to be one as many times as I am born.I adore shopping, bonding with my girlfriends and candyfloss romances, yet everything about me isnt really ‘Girly’ . if I were to be asked to fit into the mould of a typical woman that would take a lot of turning a twisting which I am never going to be willing to do..
here is my badge
– I loved playing outdoor games,irrespective of the sun shining bright on my head and the last worry on my mind was a tan. I never wanted to be ‘fair’ and would have any day preferred to have the sultry dusky skin tone.
– I absolutely abhor make up .. it is only now that I have grown to accept kohl and gloss.Otherwise hiding behind tons of grease paint never quite appealed to me.
– My parents let me be a free bird whether it came to choosing what I wanted to study, which career I wanted to pursue or whom I wanted to marry.. They reared me to think the world was my oyster and the sky my limit..My being a woman was never a deterrent in any of my choices in life.
– I was never too verbose about my feelings and emotions..( though in recent years that has changed sigh !)
– I can never flutter my eyelashes and make cow’s eyes at people to get them to listen to me.. I would rather say it like it is and get a yes/ no from them. In a nutshell I am quite dense in the department of displaying feminine wiles..
– I was brought up in a house which defied gender stereotypes there was no distinction between a nurturer and provider.. Both my parents filled in both roles : they were both nurturers and providers.
– I would rather watch a news channel or even sports compared to those tear jerkers and sob stories that pass off as apologies for soap operas.
– I can laugh out loud without getting self-conscious: at all jokes mine or other people’s. I enjoy all kinds of humour even the loud and raunchy sorts in movies like the Ugly Truth.
– The only piece of jewellery which I have some affection for is my engagement ring.. Other than that I have never had much affinity towards jewellery or perfumes of any kind.